How to upgrade a MERCUSYS device to the latest firmware
This article will guide you to upgrade the firmware on MERCUSYS Wi-Fi devices step by step.
Some models have multiple hardware versions. Please verify the hardware version of your device. When upgrading using only firmware for the same hardware version. Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
To check the hardware version of your device, please refer to How to find the hardware version on a MERCYSYS device.
۰Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process.
۰Please write down the key settings as a backup before you start to upgrade because after upgrading the old settings may be lost.
- Download the latest firmware from the support page of the MERCUSYS website.
Go to the MERCUSYS support website https://www.mercusys.com/support. Search for your model, then select the appropriate drop downs for your MERCUSYS device. Choose the corresponding hardware version, click on Firmware. A list of available firmware will be displayed. Please use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the firmware file to a folder.
- Launch a web browser, visit http://mwlogin.net and log in with the password you set for the device.
- Go to Advanced-> System Tools-> Firmware Upgrade or Advanced-> System -> Firmware Update, click Browse to find the extracted firmware file and click open.
- Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrade has been finished.
- Click Status, check if the device’s firmware has been upgraded.
Note: Some firmware updates will restore your MERCUSYS device to factory settings. If this is the case, run the Quick Setup Wizard to reconfigure your device.